FDCPA Validation Notice (FDCPA – Ohio Law)
Requirements of the 30 Day Validation Notice
The 30 Day Validation Notice Must:
- Be Sent Within 5 days of the First Communication with You
- State the Amount of Debt
- State the Name of Creditor to Whom Debt is allegedly Owed
- State that you Have the Right to Dispute the Debt within 30 Days
- State you have the Right to Have Verification/Judgment mailed to you
- State that the Name and Address of original Creditor, if Different from Current Creditor
Note: until the Debt Collector validates the debt, all collection efforts must cease. It is important to keep detailed account of any debt collection activity during this period.
If you have additional questions about your legal rights, or if you believe a collector has violated your validation rights, contact Attorney Mandy Jamison today.