Foreclosure Defense Law
Is Your Home In or at Risk of Foreclosure?
As the economy continues to lag, consumers are losing their home in overwhelming numbers due to foreclosure, stripping countless families of the American dream.
JAMISON LAW has counseled and represented consumers in all stages of the foreclosure process. Contact JAMISON LAW today for Case Review.
Attorney Mandy Jamison understands what a trying and emotional experience foreclosure is on any family. You can trust your matter will be treated with the professionalism and compassion you deserve.
What to do if you have been Served with a Summons and Complaint for Foreclosure
- Under the Ohio Rules of Civil Procedure you have 28 days to file an Answer (i.e. written legal response) after the date that you are served. Failure to file an appropriate Answer may result in a default judgment being entered against you.
- A default judgment can lead to the ultimate sale or disposition of your property/home.
- If a default judgment has already been entered against you, you may still be able to have the judgment vacated in certain circumstances. You should consult an experienced attorney to explore your legal rights and options.
- If you have been sued, or at risk of losing your home, you should consider consulting with a seasoned consumer advocate to explore your legal rights and defenses.
Why You Should Do Something
- You may have legal defenses or counter claims that will protect your interest in the property and position you to save your home.
- Programs that will provide for loan modification and restructuring may be available to you.
- A judgment for foreclosure will impair your credit standing for years to come, potentially precluding or adversely affecting your ability to obtain credit, insurance, and even employment.
- A judgment against you could result in sale of the property for less than the amount you owe. This could mean a deficiency balance that you will owe, even though you don’t have any rights to the property any longer.
If you are one of the many consumers at risk of losing the American dream, contact JAMISON LAW today for a Case Review.